To ensure the best results with this treatment we suggest that you follow the before and aftercare recommendations:
• Drink plenty of water 24 hours before treatment and 48 hours after the treatment of at least 3-4 liters of water and make sure you drink 2 liters 2 hours before your scheduled treatment time and another 2 liters through the day and continue the regiment in the next 2 days day after your treatment of at least 3-4 liters per day. (soft drink, soda, juice or tea is not water).
• You should not eat 2 hours before and 1 hour after treatment.
• Do not drink ANY alcohol or caffeine in the day of treatment of 48hrs after.
• Use dry skin brushing daily to stimulate lymph movement (see instructions below to show you how to do this).
• Do not have a hot shower (warm is alright), spa or sauna straight after treatment.
• Diet: Follow a fat free, low starch, low sugar diet for best results
• Exercise for at least 20 minutes after your treatment to stimulate lymph movement. Minimize the intake of carbohydrates and fat 24-48 hours after the treatment. Immediately after the treatment you should take a brisk walk or similar exercise, or most recommended is to use the whole body vibration plate in our office which has been added to your treatment at no cost.
The treatment results will be maximized with good diet and exercise . Results may vary from person to person.
THE STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO DRY BRUSHING
To get started, follow the simple steps below:
1. Purchase a natural (not synthetic) bristle brush. (I like a simple hand held brush, but less flexible people may appreciate one with a long handle to be able to reach all parts of your body).
2. Disrobe, enter and stand in a bathtub or tiled surface if possible (you’ll be shedding microscopic dead skin cells).
3. Begin brushing by starting at your feet and moving toward your heart. You may use long sweeping strokes or short circular motion, but always brush toward your heart.
4. Brush several times in each area, overlapping as you go.
5. Take care as you brush over more sensitive areas, like breasts. Your skin will become less sensitive the more you dry brush. (I don’t brush my face, but you can choose to).
6. Once you’ve brushed your entire body, jump in the shower. (I like to turn the water to the hottest I can tolerate, other people will alternate from hot water to cold water stimulate blood circulation, bringing more blood to the top layers of the skin.)
7. After getting out of the shower, pat dry skin and apply oil or moisturizer of your choice.
8. Continue to dry brush your entire body every day. Twice a day is recommended for best results.